The Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) has administered the Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies (CSLLEA) regularly since 1986. The CSLLEA serves as the complete enumeration of law enforcement agencies (LEAs) in the U.S. This national roster of active publicly-funded LEAs will serve as a sampling frame for other survey collections as well as provide national, state and local-level data on the size, characteristics and functions of LEAs in the U.S.
If you have any questions, call RTI toll - free at 1-866-309-4563, or send an e-mail to email@example.com. When corresponding about this survey, please include your CSLLEA Agency ID.
2022 CSLLEA Schedule
Fall 2022 – Spring 2023Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
- BJS will send a letter inviting law enforcement agency chief executives to participate in the CSLLEA.
- Chief executives invited to participate in the CSLLEA can designate a point-of-contact who will complete the survey
- RTI will provide the chief or point-of-contact with access to the survey website and collect the survey data.
Spring – Fall 2023
- Data quality will be assessed
- Results will be processed and analyzed
- BJS will publish a report of the findings